Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dialogue- performance of the contemporary version of Pyramus and Thisbee

We have come up with our version of Pyramus and Thisbee. Personally, I think it was kind of stupid but hilarious. We decided to take the secret meeting scene and make a contemporary version of that scene. We sat as a group but still, ideas seem to avoid us. Then Ami came up with this idea of changing the blood on Thisbee’s veil to menstrual blood. This is the part that sounds stupid, all of us agreed that it is stupid but at the same time it is hilarious. We could actually imagine the whole class reaction towards our version of the story. Well, as expected, the class burst into laughter and the loudest was from Yuen Thien. Maybe it was not because of the dialogue after all, maybe because it was performed by Ami and I. once again, I made a fool of myself but honestly, I enjoyed it so much. As I said in my earlier posting, the students might face a challenge in writing their version of the story, but I feel that they would love to perform it to the class. Most of the students they like to show their talent to their teachers. Once the teacher said that they need to write something, they would definitely tend to shut down and avoid the task. The teacher needs to grab their attention by asking them to do things that most students love to do-perform in front of the class. It would be a bonus if the teacher feels that their performance is good enough to be performed during the school’s special occasion. This will be a moral booster for them to work harder in class.

No comments: