Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Final entry

Throughout the semester we have been exposed to many kinds of literary texts and methods of teaching them. My personal opinion says that some of texts are a little bit difficult for the students to handle, for example, the inaugural speech. I was never exposed to speeches before. So I guess it will be a challenge to teach the student something that is out of their context of learning. On the other hand, the use of songs and lyrics are very helpful. Students get excited and motivated every time when songs and lyrics are involved. If the singing can boost up their moral, confidence and interest towards the language, why not we use it in class? All the tasks and group work is a new experience to me. This is the first time I am working the members of my group. For seven semesters I have not once did any group assignments with Iskandar, Fazlina, Zafira or Mimi. Their way of doing group assignment of course differs from the people that I usually work with but I had so much fun with them. They were a little bit playful, but are committed in their works. Thanks you friends for the new experience that we had together. And last but not least, thank you to Ms Dzeelfa for the hardship and effort that you put yourself into to ensure that the class is interesting. I thought the class would be as boring as other literature class, but you have made it our most interesting literature class ever.

No comments: